Thursday 2nd november: picture weaving workshop - SEE BELOW
I was looking for a sewing class but nothing too formal. Daily Thread is great because everyone is really friendly and they have varied knowledge about different techniques. Alex, Daily Thread participant.
I’m usually tired and worn out from work when I arrive, but textile night never fails to be life-giving. I always leave refreshed and thankful I came. Karen, Daily Thread participant.
THERE are Two weekly SESSIONs and a regular monthly saturday session WHEN YOU CAN ENJOY DAILY THREAD
Your first session free! ALL Sessions £4 or £3 for concessions & those who live in b12. Pay up front for One month of your preferred session: £14/£11
Tuesdays 10am-1pm & 1PM-4PM. Come along and use the space, including large cutting table, sewing machines, knitting needles, crochet hooks, etc.
Thursdays 6.30-9pm. A sociable textiles session where you can do your own thing, learn something new, help someone else, etc. Tea, coffee and homemade cake is always available.
Saturdays: On the first Saturday of the month, 2-4pm. Daily Thread Yarnwork. Bring along your yarn project - spinning, knitting, crochet, tatting, etc. Or just come along if you would like to learn from others. Share ideas, skills and inspiration. Natter. Eat cake.
AND Group workshops first Thursday of every month. All materials included. All workshops suitable for beginners. Please arrive at 6.30pm for a 7pm start. All levels, beginner to experienced welcome! No booking required.
So far in 2017 we have had the following great workshops:
- MAKE A MORSBAG
- KNITTED HAT WORKSHOP
- GRANNY SQUARES
- GET TO KNOW A SEWING MACHINE
- THEORY INTO PRACTICE! Make a cloth shopping bag
- DRESS DESIGN from Inspiration to Final Design
- PATTERN MAKING - an exact fit for your body
- DORSET BUTTONS
- and a one off Tuesday workshop: BODY SCAN & 3D DIGITAL FASHION DESIGN INTERACTIVE DEMO
THURSDAY EVENING LED WORKSHOPS THIS AUTUMN:
All workshops suitable for beginners and more experienced textilers. Please try to arrive at 6.30 for a 7pm start. Hot drinks and homemade cake available. We finish at 9pm. Cost of sessions £4 (£3 concessions).
PICTURE WEAVING: THURSDAY 2ND NOVEMBER
Make a simple picture using a traditional (and very portable) method.
CHRISTMAS DECORATIONS: THURSDAY 7TH DECEMBER
Crochet, knit or sew a Christmas decoration for your tree. A variety of options available.
WHAT IS DAILY THREAD?
Daily Thread is gathering momentum. Ok, so it's not quite daily yet as our name suggests, but that's what we are aiming for, and we are equipped with traditional looms, a spinning wheel, sewing machine, fabric, books, equipment, and a friendly space (with sofas, and often cake) where you can meet other makers.
For experienced textilers, beginners and everyone in between.
- Would you like to craft and create alongside others?
- Do you hoard textile scraps for a project you might do one day? Would you prefer to share these with others to ensure they get used? Or maybe you hate to throw things away but don’t have the space to store them?
- Maybe you would like to join us for a good natter while you knit, embroider, design or crochet with like-minded people.
- Would you like to learn how to weave on a loom?
- Do you attend a textiles class, and would like to carry on meeting after it has finished?
- Maybe you have a backlog of mending or alterations that you never get around to doing, either because you are busy, or because you don’t feel confident about doing them.
Come and share ideas with others, get or give advice and help, create communal art pieces.
We have a large quantity of fabrics and yarn - please do add to these if you have fabric or yarn (or any other textiles, patterns, instruction or ideas books or equipment) you no longer need. We want to inspire people to reuse and create. We have a collection point for these items at The Old Print Works and at Moseley Farmers’ Market every month.